Medical Device Manufacturer
"THE DEVICE WE INSPECT HAS TO WORK 24/7. QUALITY IS CRITICAL.
TOOLING U-SME TRAINING NOT ONLY HELPED US INCREASE QUALITY, IT SHORTENED LEARNING CURVES.”
Medical device inspection laboratory relies on blended training to develop life-saving proficiency.
- Lack of developed training program for all employment levels
- Struggle with cultivating and retaining top performing employees
- Lack of buy-in from senior management
- Unsatisfactory performance on the shop floor
- Started a 3-month pilot program with Tooling U-SME with a cross section of participants from all levels of employment
- Created an apprenticeship program by partnering with local high schools that granted students access to Tooling U-SME's online catalogue and offered hands-on training on the shop floor
- Developed a blended program including online, in-classroom, and hands-on training
- Developed career path planning for all employees with annual development objectives and supervisory training
- Overall improved performance on the shop floor
- Increased employee retention and reduced staff turnover
- Successful apprenticeship program was expanded to include local community colleges and veterans via the Department of Veterans Affairs