Clutch and Brake Manufacturer
"TOOLING U-SME HELPED US SHIFT FROM TRIBAL KNOWLEDGE SHARING TO A FORMAL TRAINING PROGRAM.
NOT ONLY IS MORALE HIGHER, BUT WE’VE IMPROVED COMPETENCY THROUGH CROSS-TRAINING."
Niche clutch and brake manufacturer customizes workforce training to fill its skills gap.
- Ever expanding workforce skills gap
- Company relies on tribal knowledge sharing instead of formal learning in-house
- Unable to keep up with advancements in technology
- Current training method had negative impact on productivity
- Partnered with Tooling U-SME to map and develop a core and job-specific customized on-line curriculum
- Offered computer access during the workday and encouraged employees to study at home
- Encouraged internal competition with incentives such as recognition, certificates, and rewards
- Provided on-site pre-hire assessment to better understand skills gaps
- Improved competency through cross-training
- Developed a consistent on-boarding process for new hires
- Boosted employee morale