Automotive Precision Engineering
"Tooling U-SME gives us the flexibility, the scalability, the relevance and the content we need.
And the results have been amazing. We've improved performance across the board."
A tier-one automotive precision engineering company gets top marks with customized training.
- Poor rate of on-time deliveries
- High number of costly customer incidents
- High rate of product defects and returns
- Poor customer and employee perception of the company
- Lack of clear career path for employees
- Training is taking place offsite, which is expensive and inconvenient
- Conducted an initial skills gap analysis to determine training and assessment approach
- Built custom online assessments for Engineering and Machining departments
- Developed a comprehensive training program to address those knowledge gaps
- Restructured monthly bonus program to favor Tooling U-SME course completions and rewarded employees with the highest scores
- Developed a pay scale program as a path to advancement for hourly employees
- Went from 40% on-time delivery to 100% on-time delivery in two years
- Improved quality and reduced defect rate by 60%
- Improved customer and employee satisfaction
- Increased employee morale and level of team work