||Manager, Learning Development
Tooling U-SME offers online learning solutions and pre and post-assessment programs to benchmark learning and validate knowledge and skills needed in the manufacturing profession. The Learning and Development Specialist supports the development of competency-based services that understand the unique challenges facing manufacturers in today's economic environment and that demonstrate a keen ability to uncover, build and deploy manufacturing solutions to the leadership within their manufacturing sector.
- Support senior team members in building new capabilities and increasing workforce performance through competency identification and assessment, design and development of learning programs and curricula, and delivery of education.
- Align and design curricula according to instructional principals, client objectives, and program objectives.
- Research and support best practices that are structured, streamlined, and communicated to the product teams according to best practices for instructor-led training, Web-based training, virtual classroom, job aids, quick reference materials, and exercises.
- Under guidance of senior team members, execute practices surrounding the production of educational materials, the structuring of content rollout to instructors, facilitators, students, and the general project management criteria associated with a training program.
- Support the development competencies in the areas of basic technical skill-based manufacturing, job-based performance, and organizational strategy.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BA or BS degree in Education or Instructional Technology required; MA or MS degree preferred
- 1-3 years of experience as an instructional designer, educator, or consultant; experience in implementing training programs for workforce development needs
- Experience with needs assessment, requirements development and analysis, needs curriculum development, high-level simulations, LMS, LCMS development and distribution, learning technology, or evaluation expertise
- Experience working with an internal sales team in a consulting role
- Experience in writing assessment items to learning objectives
- Experience with delivering training solutions to the manufacturing industry
- Ability to translate information, develop insights, and work alongside clients at client sites
- Ability to be a self-starter and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent leadership, analytical, and data gathering skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Standard office environment
- Manufacturing shop floor environment
- 60% Travel
Please send your cover letter & resume to:
Attn: Abby Jenkins, HR Generalist
Only those applicants meeting specific criteria will be contacted.